Sunday, April 26, 2009

She Can Tell Time.....I Think

It seems as if Cinder The Wonder Dog can tell time. Every day after dinner, around 6 pm. Cinder sits at my feet and looks expectantly, her eyes darting from me to the place I keep the leashes. It's somewhat disconcerting because our other dog, Climber (who can climb a vertical river bank quicker than Spiderman) has begun to emulate her younger sister. The only difference is that Climber sits at the front door and "tells" me that it is time to go for our daily constitutional.


We use a splitter on the lead with one side a touch longer than the other. Climber, the smaller and eldest of the two, is the alpha and must be in the lead. She's really quite tolerant with Cinder, but when it's necessary, the smack down is swift and effective. However there are times when Cinder, having had enough of Climber's bossy ways, puts her foot down. No, really, she literally puts her foot on Climber's back and flattens her, holding her down just long enough that Climber gets the message. When they are walking they frequently "push" each other back and forth across the road or path. It's quite funny to watch and often my daughter and I pretend that they're calling out to mom.
"Mom, Climber's touching me!"
"Mom, Cinder's in my personal bubble!"
And so we carry on, laughing almost uncontrollably. I'm sure our neighbours think we're slightly twisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment