Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cinder Opens the Moon Roof

Since it has turned cold again, and I'm not working right now, I have been giving my daughter a ride to school in the mornings. Before my hours of work changed, and before the new owner took over, I used to drop my daughter off and, after checking in with her teacher, carry on to work. Poor Cinder wasn't allowed to accompany us then.



Cinder, I must explain, absolutely loves going for a ride in the car. When I had the Neon, she would hop into the back seat, squeeze herself onto that shelf by the back window, and happily block my view as I tried to back out of the driveway. Once I began to drive forward, she would plant herself between the front seats and watch intently where we were going. After I bought the Jeep, she excitedly leaps into the cargo area, sits down and, once again, blocks my view as I attempt to back out of the driveway then plants herself between the front seats and stares out the front window. But there is something different. Unlike the Neon, the Jeep enjoys a moon roof, which can be opened either full slide back or pop-up style. Cinder, it seems, likes it when the moon roof is is slid all the way open.



The first time she hit the button to open the moon roof I considered it an accident and laughed as the freezing cold air rushed into the Jeep. That was two days ago and I didn't give the occurrence another thought...until she jumped into the Jeep this morning and immediately pushed the button with her nose. The "see-what-I-know-how-to-do" look in her eyes as she grinned at me spoke volumes.



Apparently Cinder is willing to try anything twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment